venerdì 16 febbraio 2018

What I've Learned This Year


One. Leaving home is always hard, no matter who old you are and how many times you’ve done it before. People kept telling me “you’ve been in this position before, for even further places” and it’s true.   But every time it’s its own set of emotions and it doesn’t get easier.

Two. Changes could be frustrating but they come with growth. Right? Ok. In the past year I’ve changed my status, my country, my living arrangements, my job, my car, the side of the road I have to ride on, what I do in my spare time, how I spend my weekends, my workout routines, my eating routines, my sleeping routines, actually all of my routines. It’s been challenging to say the least but since a while ago it’s starting to look like it’s going to be good.

Three. I miss rowing but what I’ve missed more is what it brought, my friends, the sense of community, the working hard for a goal, even the drama that came with it. Maybe it’s time to start again.

Four. Twenty seconds of bravery is all you need: when showing up to a group of people you never met before and you’re trying to be friends with or be the new colleague, or the new volunteer, or the new member… I’ve used this method a lot in the past year.



Five. Only in case of a move one realises how much stuff one has. Now imagine multiplying that by two. And moving overseas. Very thankful for my parents and their garage and the long hours I spent there in the middle of winter deciding, keep, purge, donate, ship, bring with me. 
I through away more than what I've kept (Including my bouquet).
And for this reason 2018 is the year where I’m not buying anything that is not food or otherwise one hundred per cent not necessary. (I’ve actually already broke this buying a 3 pound DVD..oops)


Life gets exciting so very easily and for this I’m very grateful.

 Things are always moving fast, but this 12 months were one for the books!


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento